WhatsApp is a popular smartphone messaging service in the world. It has around 1.5 billion users from all around us in the world. It is a beneficial messaging service; users can communicate with their friends, family members, colleague directly from their mobile app, or using WhatsApp web. Yes, you hear it right. It can also be accessible from the website. But most of its users are still unknown about its WhatsApp web feature. This web feature can help you to run WhatsApp on your PC without installing any windows app. It launched on 21 Jan 2015, and till now, a lot of updates for using WhatsApp web already come out for its improvement. If you don’t know or want to see some dept details about WhatsApp web, then friends you have landed on the right page. In this article, we will cover all the features of using WhatsApp web, its pros and cons, features, and lot more.
What is WhatsApp Web?
Whatsapp web is simply a feature of Whatsapp that allows you the permission to use the application even in your web browser. It is exactly the mirror of Whatsapp. You can find the same feature of using it on the web, which makes you feel like your WhatsApp installed on a web browser. You only need a data connection to start enjoying the WhatsApp web on PC. You have to Scan the displayed QR code to start using the WhatsApp web and click on the logout button to remove the access.
How does it work?
WhatsApp web works by scanning the QR obtained from WhatsApp account of the user on the web. For connecting your WhatsApp account to the network, you have to open web.whatsapp.com and scan the QR displayed on the internet from your WhatsApp. It then works by establishing a secure connection between the web and mobile clients to carry out communication. It doesn’t work on the principle of end to end encryption, but it creates an encrypted channel in web and mobile to run on both the devices at the same time. The interface of both web-version and app is precisely the same, but still in the web version has some limited features.
Features of WhatsApp web?
- Texts:- You can do Simple and reliable messaging on WhatsApp web, just like the app. You don’t see any difference in using the WhatsApp app and WhatsApp web. Messaging to any contacts is free. You only need text messages to access it.
- Group Chat:- With the help of this feature, you can create a group and chat with family, friends, or coworkers of your group. You can also share photos, videos, texts, and documents on WhatsApp web the same as WhatsApp. You can edit and change group names and pics. The group member limit is 256. You can also manage group notification, admins, remove users, etc.
- Send media:- You can freely send any photos from your device, camera, or take videos also from WhatsApp web, make gifs, etc.
- Security by Default:- It is safe to use WhatsApp on the web. No third-party website can track your data. You are safe to use the WhatsApp network. Even WhatsApp servers can’t read the messages as all the communication that you do are in encrypted form.
Do’s for the web version.
Before connecting WhatsApp web to your PC or browser you need to take care of some security measurement so that your WhatsApp account should be safe, some of the steps include:-
1. Do check if you are using it on your device or someones. If you are using WhatsApp web on someone device then kindly log out after finishing the work because WhatsApp network doesn’t sign out automatically, You need to click on sign out for getting your WhatsApp account out from the device.
2. If, anyway, the connection is lost, then sign out your WhatsApp web account from the setting option on your android phone.
Don’t for the web version
1. Always use the recommended browser for accessing your WhatsApp account like Chrome, Opera, Firefox, etc.
2. Don’t use the third-party browser because there are chances of saving the browsed content in the form of cookies and cache so, it may harm your privacy.
3. Don’t use third-party addons on your browser; it may save your data, and there are some chances for data locking.
4. Always keep checking in your android phone if you are logged in to web version on your WhatsApp if yes, then log out if it’s not in your control.
What are the uses of the WhatsApp web?
WhatsApp web is beneficial to those who have extended access to PC. You can communicate directly from your PC without going into your mobile devices. including this, it has a lot more uses some of them includes:-
- You can use it to share documents, images, videos, or any form of file from your PC.
- You can also share emojis, Gif, and Stickers.
- You don’t need to install any WhatsApp application on PC or any place if you want to shadow it for temporary use on any other device.
- You can send voice notes and notes with the same speed you post in the mobile app.
- You can create and manage groups the same as your app.
- You don’t need a cable to transfer media from your phone to the PC.
- We could use it as secondary WhatsApp if your phone broke down.
Can I use it on the google chrome browser only?
It was an earlier time when the restriction of using WhatsApp was limited to google chrome only. But now you can use it in any browsers because WhatsApp has upgraded its web security in the last few years, and You are safe to use it in any web browser. But Still, WhatsApp web recommends some of the specific web browsers for accessing WhatsApp. Nowadays, Browser like Opera, Chrome, Firefox, etc. also supports running WhatsApp web without any issue.
How to set up the WhatsApp desktop notification
You can set up WhatsApp desktop notification by configuring the following steps in the setting option:-
- Open WhatsApp Web/Desktop and click on the 3-dotted line available on the top right corner of your browser
- Now click on many options ( Yiu can also navigate to the same opportunity by clicking on the top of chat list)
- Now Click on the Settings option. And change the notification as per your choice.
- In the notification setting, you get options to turn on or off your notification sound and desktop alerts.
- If you turn it off, you will not receive any notification on the WhatsApp web.
- You can also manage your time to get a desktop alert notification on the setting option.
- Click on Turn off chat alert to stop notifications for some time intervals like hours, days, or weeks.
- If you find anything confusion on the setting option, click on restore to defaults to make everything as before.
- You can also mute chats at this moment, enabling the quiet chat option and also disable the opportunity with your choice.
Note that all these changes will apply only to your WhatsApp web. Changing this setting will not affect the other settings on your browser.
Still, if your facing issue to receive notifications on your WhatsApp, then you have an alternative way to install web extensions on your browser like WaToolKit, Notifier for WhatsApp web, to receive your information on time.
How to login to the WhatsApp web?
WhatsApp web doesn’t use any login details like username, mobile number, or passwords like another website to start accessing. You only need to scan the QR code from your app to the displayed QR on the WhatsApp web website to enjoy it.
Follow the following steps to access WhatsApp web on your browser:-
- First, Visit web.whatsapp.com on your computer. Don’t go it from third party links, Make sure to input the URL on the top of your browser directly to get confirmed of the original website.
- After opening the website, It will display a QR code and says to scan it to mirror your WhatsApp on the web.
- Now open setting and select WhatsApp web option on your android or iOS device. It will open the QR code option and tell you to scan the QR.
- Place your phone near to your computer screen and scan the QR displayed on the Whatsapp web website.
- That’s all you will log in to your WhatsApp web on PC successfully.
How to logout of the WhatsApp web?
There are three common ways to logout your WhatsApp web from your browser.
- From your smartphone:- You can logout WhatsApp web from your smartphone. For doing this, go to the menu option from your phone and drive to the Whatsapp web option from your setting option. On the setting menu, you will find a button to logout from all devices; just click on that to logout.
- From your web browser:- Whatsapp network also gives you the feature to sign out from your web browser. You can log out by clicking on the logout option from the menu option.
- Clear browser history:- An alternative way to logout WhatsApp web from your browser is to clear the browsing history.
Accessibility of the WhatsApp web
If you are using Whatsapp web on your PC, then you are skipping to a lot of features like sending emojis, gif, and stickers because the manual keyboard doesn’t come with those options. So you can access those features by knowing about the short cut keys.
- Ctrl + N: Start new chat
- Ctrl + Shift + [: Previous chat
- Ctrl + Shift + ]: Next chat
- Ctrl + Shift + ]: Next chat
- Ctrl + Shift + U: Mark as unread
- Ctrl + Shift + M: Mute chat
- Ctrl + Shift + N: Create new group
- Ctrl + Backspace: Delete chat
- Ctrl + P: Open profile status
- Ctrl + E: Archive chat
What’s the purpose of the WhatsApp web?
The purpose of launching the WhatsApp web is to provide easy accessibility from any device. WhatsApp web is the best option for those who are spending long times on PC. Most of the employee’s technological field has limited access to their mobile phones due to which they cannot connect with the web every time. But with the help of WhatsApp web feature, they can be connected to the internet on their working hours and easily access WhatsApp up on PC or from any other device.
Nowadays, many peoples work on groups and also provide local customer service from their WhatsApp. It is not possible to provide customer service from multiple WhatsApp accounts, So it is most beneficial for those persons who you want to assess a single WhatsApp account on various devices resolving issues of their customers.
WhatsApp web- Advantages/Disadvantage
There are some limitations and some profits of using the WhatsApp web. It has not come with a lot of features like that of the app but still is a benefit of using some essential features.
- Simple to use:- Easily accessible from any device and Very simple to access.
- Group:- Create groups and add members
- Media sharing:- Send media from PC to anyone.
- Notification:- You can get notified when someone messages you by message popups.
- Login/logout:- You can scan only once to log in and one-click to logout.
- OTP login:- No verification of OTP needed to access the WhatsApp web.
- Price:- It is free to use.
- Ads:- No mobile ads
- Broadcast feature:- You can’t use the functionality of WhatsApp broadcast
- Whatsapp voice and video calls:- WhatsApp web doesn’t allow you to do calls and video calls also from the web version.
- Managing status:- Changing WhatsApp status is not permitted.
- Location sharing:- The features of sharing current location are not allowed WhatsApp webs.
- Media setting:- You can’t change the media download setting.
- Send voice messages:- you can’t record voices on the WhatsApp web version.
WhatsApp is a universal application for social networking in the world, where people are comfortable exchanging their personal and business-related queries. WhatsApp web has made the accessibility easy, even in PC. Combined, it works on the app as well as on the website. Most of the PC users use WhatsApp for communication from the web and app.